Thursday 14 October 2010

Introduction

Quick intro post while I sort out what I'm actually doing with this (note to self: never play around with blog titles first thing in morning when running on one cup of coffee).

I read a lot, and I collect books faster than I can read them.  As this shelf at Goodreads shows, I am unlikely ever to clear my to be read pile, but it's going to be fun to try.

I mostly read children's, young adult, fantasy and mystery.  I have a not-so-secret love of school stories.  Every so often I try to read 'proper' books that I probably should have read before (a lot of these I ought to have read for various exams/courses over the years; blagging is a beautiful thing).  I've studied Classics and English, with a focus on the eighteenth-century thanks to Jane Austen.

Favourite authors:
Jane Austen, Terry Pratchett, JK Rowling, Antonia Forest, EM Forster, Dorothy L Sayers, Neil Gaiman, John Green

Favourite books (not by the above):
The Changeover* - Margaret Mahy
The Pursuit of Love and Love in a Cold Climate - Nancy Mitford
The Hours - Michael Cunningham
Blackbringer and Silksinger - Laini Taylor
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
The Eye in the Door - Pat Barker
Devil's Cub - Georgette Heyer
Matilda - Roald Dahl

* Just realised have no idea how I plan to format titles within posts.  Excellent

2 comments:

  1. Really great blog. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jillian ;-) (That is all I can think of to say).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...