Monday 1 October 2012

Month in Review: September 2012

I feel like I got back into the swing of blogging and reading this month.  It's certainly been my most productive stretch of blogging for a while.  And if September had a constant it was J.K. Rowling: I started the Harry Potter Readalong, reread the first three Harry Potter books, read The Casual Vacancy and went on the studio tour.

One of the many photos I took - more on my Twitter profile.

Books Read in September 2012
52. Prater Violet by Christopher Isherwood
53. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
54. Montmorency by Eleanor Updale
55. Montmorency on the Rocks by Eleanor Updale
56. All the Conspirators by Christopher Isherwood
57. Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
58. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
59. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Stats
Total Books Read = 8
Total Pages Read = 3,074
Average Book Length = 384

Owned Books = 6
Library Books = 2

Books Reviewed
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Most popular blog post
Top Ten Books on my Autumn TBR List

Book of the Month
Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
Non-fiction/Collection of columns

I love this book for it's irreverence, it's humour and the fact that I agree with the views expressed (it's always nice to read people whose politics are like yours).  Covers everything from party bags for children to binge drinking to Downton Abbey and Doctor Who.  And I laughed my arse off several times, especially at "Downton needs Elton Drake!".  I recommend this and How To Be A Woman to everyone.  Go forth and read Caitlin Moran!  Then follow her on Twitter (especially when she's watching Nigella as that is fun).


Month Ahead
1) Try and clear my library books.  I have 19 to read from 2 libraries which is a bit ridiculous.  And I really need to read these and not borrow any new books before I start any of the unread books I own.
2) The Casual Vacancy Readalong - two posts, one on the 4th and one on the 11th.  The first is just general impressions, and the second will be the full review.  I'm still not sure what I think about the book, but I did find it disappointing.
3) Keep rereading Harry Potter for the readalong.  I will be waiting till I've done The Casual Vacancy Readalong before I post more reviews, but this gives me time to read the remaining 4, especially the brick that is Order of the Phoenix.

Three TBR Books To Read in October
1. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
2. Deadly Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
3. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

1 comment:

  1. I loved How to be a Woman, really looking forward to reading Moranthology

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...