Saturday 15 December 2012

Series Catch-Up: Midpoint Check In Post

The Series Catch-Up Challenge is hosted by Brittany at The Book Addict's Guide.  As we're halfway through it's time for a quick check in on my progress.  I signed up to the challenge here and set myself some goals, which are in bold below.

- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (2 to go) - Haven't started these yet.  I need to, as I'm not allowing myself to read Bloodlines or The Golden Lily until I've finished Vampire Academy and I really want to read those.

- Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness (I'm going to have to reread the 1st one) - I have finished this series!  It was brilliant and heartbreaking and made me sob and yell and decide that I want Viola Eade to be real so she can fix all the problems ever because she is that much of a badass.  Reviews to follow.

- Gemma Doyle by Libba Bray (again, some rereading is needed, this time of the first two - not that that's a hardship) - haven't started this either.  No Diviners for me till I've finished Gemma Doyle.

Those were my main ones.  I did also say that I hoped to read "EITHER The Hunger Games OR The Demon's Lexicon OR Dream Catcher" although that may not happen.  I'm a bit dystopia-ed out after Chaos Walking and am wondering if even The Hunger Games will come close to how bloody awesome those books are. 

Actually, if you take anything away from this little post, I hope it's this: read Chaos Walking.  Seriously, read it.  It will eat your life and mess you up and make you think, and it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...