Tuesday 20 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Feel Everyone Has Read But Me

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week (as the big title above suggests) is books I feel everyone has read but me.

1. Anything by Lauren Oliver - I have both Before I Fall and Delirium, I've read half of Delirium - before I bought it, then I had to return it to the library.

2. Anything by Sarah Dessen - again, I bought The Truth About Forever ages ago, and I just got Along for the Ride from the library, and again I'm clearly one of the last YA bloggers/fans to read anything by her.

3. Anything by Shannon Hale - yet another author whose books I own but have never read.  I've started reading a couple, then I've got distracted.

4. The rest of The Hunger Games series - I've only read the first book.  A friend who borrowed my books and read the first one after me has read all of them. 

5. The rest of the Vampire Academy series - once more, I've only read the first one.  This one will probably involve a lot of library reservations as damn those books are popular.

6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - and the rest of the series, but I feel I should get started on the first one first (it seems logical).

7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - am I the only person who hasn't read this?

8. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne - this could be because I'm British and I read a lot of American YA books in which the characters study this at high school (it wasn't a required book for us), but I feel like I should have read this.

9. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - so classic it's used as character development in The Wire.

10. 1984 by George Orwell - all of my friends have read it.  I don't want to be different to my friends.

4 comments:

  1. No, you are not the only one who hasn't read If I Stay...me, too!

    My post is Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me. I'd love to have you sign up for my contest to win a $25 Amazon giftcard this month at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Beautiful Creatures, If I Stay and most a lot more Dressen too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scarlet Letter is one I haven't read either. I really should get to it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Before I Fall! It was my favourite read of 2010. I highly recommend it!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...