Friday 2 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My TBR List This Autumn


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and this week (to which I am a bit late, huzzah) is, well, as the title of this post says: books on my TBR list this autumn.  For me I've done a mix of books due for publication, those I'm buying first chance I get and some which I already own which are sitting on my - well, actually, my floor as I don't have bookshelves in my new flat yet and so I have stacks of books all round the walls.

1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I loved Anna to the point of reading it in a day and telling my housemates how awesome it is, so can't wait for Lola.

2. Snuff by Terry Pratchett - it's a new Discworld.  It's focusing on Vimes, cynical god of all things awesome and cranky.  And it's called Snuff.

3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - I've loved all of Laini's other books, her prose is always beautiful (writerly jealousy abounds when I read her) and I'm getting the damn special edition even though it takes a hefty chunk out of my change.

4. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - MJ writing about Jack the Ripper, and London, and I need this book.

5. Real Live Boyfriends by E. Lockhart - I just finished The Treasure Map of Boys and I have to know how all this ends.  This has been one of my favourite series of the year.

6. Graveminder by Melissa Marr - Another favourite series for me was Wicked Lovely, and Melissa Marr is now on the (quite short) list of authors whose books I have to buy.

7. Supernaturally by Kiersten White - I read Paranormalcy in July and loved it, so now I need to know what happens next.

8. The remaining Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett - I've managed to track down all but Checkmate (damn lack of recently published copies anywhere but Foyles) and they are sitting there, mocking me with their complex plots and their lines in languages I can't read and their general brilliance.  This series is a hefty undertaking but so worth it.

9. The Silver Branch by Rosemary Sutcliff - The Eagle of the Ninth was fantastic, Outcast was bleak but wonderfully written, and I now want to read everything Rosemary Sutcliff wrote.

10. The rest of The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison - so much fun, really funny and the film is amazing.  Am reading these from my local library so it's a case of scrounging around trying to grab the copies when they come in and calling down curses on the head of whoever got there before me.

Actually, there are a lot of books I want to read, and a lot more series I've just started that I want to complete (Uglies and Vampire Academy especially) as well as series that are languishing and mocking me (Chaos Walking and Hunger Games in particular) that this list could go on forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...