Monday 4 June 2012

Month in Review: May 2012

Despite posting early in May about my plans to actually blog more, I failed to do so.  However, I did exceed my target of 'how many books I need to read a month to hit 100 at the end of the year' by reading 11 books (the target is 9) so I'm quite pleased with that.  I also found 5 Dorothy Dunnett books in various second hand shops, causing me to make a strange meeping noise when I spotted 4 in one shop - the teenage boy selecting books beside me looked a little alarmed but books 2-5 of the House of Niccolo series deserve a greeting, I think.

Books Read in May 2012
24. Goodbye to Berlin - Christopher Isherwood
25. 1000 Years of Annoying the French - Stephen Clarke
26. Will Grayson Will Grayson - John Green & David Levithan
27. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
28. Mr Norris Changes Trains - Christopher Isherwood
29. Franny & Zooey - J.D. Salinger
30. Aenir - Garth Nix
31. Above the Veil - Garth Nix
32. Into Battle - Garth Nix
33. The Violet Keystone - Garth Nix
34. Mister Monday - Garth Nix

Stats
Total Books Read = 11
Total Pages Read = 3348
Average Book Length = 304

Library Books = 6
Owned Books = 5

Most Read Author = Garth Nix

Top Three Books
1. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
2. Will Grayson Will Grayson
3. Goodbye to Berlin

Book of the Month
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
YA / Contemporary
I love Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, and somehow the publication of Dash and Lily passed me by because I am an idiot.  When I saw it in Waterstone's in Cambridge (bless whoever buys in the US imports for their teen section) I pounced, but then didn't read the book for three months.  This was silly: the book is as funny, clever, true and wonderful as Nick and Norah, and I devoured it in as few sittings as I could.  Absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...